Capital Improvement Projects Update
To see the entire Capital Improvement Plan for all of the city schools, please see the CIP page on our website.
Current and Future Project Updates
- Comprehensive Facilities Assessment - Assessing all aspects of the school facilities, plus Green Acres - ongoing site visits spring 2023 (see here for more information) There will be a presentation to the school board on the FSA at the September 11, 2023 regular school board meeting. Watch the presentation here.
Fairfax High School:
1. Concession Stand (outdoor)
- Fall 2022 - Schematic Design Completed
- January 2023 - City Planning Commission Approval
- Spring 2023 - Architect Award, Design
- June 2023 - January 2024 Permit Review
- Bid February 2024 - March 2024
- Construction March 2024 - July 2024
2. FHS Athletics
- New washer/dryer components installed, summer 2023 to support FHS sports programs.
3. Concession Stand (indoor)
- August 2023 - Updates have begun.
4. EV Charging stations
- Installed April 2023
- Sound enhancements installed April 2023
- New curtain installed
6. Fields (Turf and Lighting)
- August 2023 - Turf fields on the practice/band field and baseball field has begun. Baseball fields scheduled for completion in February 2024.
- ADA Renovations - railings and steps have been installed, September 2023
Katherine Johnson MS
1. Kutner Park Turf Field (joint project with City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation)
- March 2023 - initial concept design
2. KJMS Security Vestibule
- September 2023 - permit has been obtained and working with FCPS for construction.
3. KJMS Front Exterior Painting
- Completed August 2023
4. KJMS Asphalt
- New basketball courts installed summer 2023
Providence ES/Daniels Run ES
1. New mechanical replacements installed summer 2023 (not all units)