About the School Board
Welcome to the City of Fairfax Schools!
The City of Fairfax School Board is a five member board representing the City of Fairfax residents. Through the School Services Agreement, the City School Board works closely with Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) to provide the best educational opportunities to our students.
The City School Board:
- Consists of five members
- Elections are held in even numbered years for all five board members, next election is November, 2022
- Meets twice monthly, usually first and third Mondays
- Meetings open to the public (click here for meeting schedule)
- Maintains the School Services Agreement with FCPS
- Own and administers school properties and facilities, while funding and making capital improvements
- Along with school staff, works closely with FCPS as the voice of City residents.
To contact school board: